Emergency Pet Care
We always welcome walk-ins, drop-offs, and urgent care or emergency cases at Alta Vista Animal Hospital. Not sure of what constitutes a veterinary emergency? Common signs that your pet may need emergency care are listed below. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Trouble breathing
- Non-stop vomiting or diarrhea
- Inability to urinate or defecate
- Excessive bleeding or wounds that won’t stop bleeding
- Severe seizures or abnormal behavior changes
- Ingestion of a poisonous substance
- Straining to urinate/defecate with no results
- Trauma (hit by a car, fall, etc.)
- Bloated abdomen/swallowed object
Veterinary emergencies can be scary for both you and your pet. At Alta Vista Animal Hospital, we are here to help.
If, however, you find that your pet needs after-hours urgent or emergency care, the contact information for Veterinary Emergency Group is below.